In Wildstar Online, housing has been developed as a core feature of the game; that means that throughout your character's career you will find all kinds of goodies to customize your pad exactly as you please.
Buying a House in Wildstar
To buy a house, just find a protostar housing specialist. They're pretty easy to find early on. Just bring some gold and they hook you up with a your own sky plot.
Once you get to your sky plot you may need to clear out some of the wild life that got there before you, but then you're ready to start building your home.
Of course, you don't start of with a castle... you start with a camp site.
Customizing Your House
As mentioned, housing in Wildstar is a core feature, and that means you'll be getting items for your house as loot from mobs that you kill, as well as quest rewards.
When it comes to customizing your house, you can do whatever your heart desires, but that's not all. You can also decorate the outdoors around your house using something called "plugs".
Benefits of Having a House
Plugs allow you to construct buildings and facilities, and these items will actually help you and your friends progress in the game--they aren't just eye candy.
If you are a crafter, you can add a plug that will get you more materials for your tradeskill. If you want to practice a new build, plug in a target dummy. Build a private work bench so you don't have to use the crowded public one.
Plugs will not only give you resources and conveniences, they'll also give you quests!
Your house will really become your home base. Some other benefits are:
- Logging out in your house nets you more rested experience than anywhere else for the next time you log in.
- The more items you have in your house, the more rested XP you get.
- The ability to travel to your house any time, from anywhere.
- Earn bounty by helping to clear out bandits from a friend's property.
- Raid portals to get you right into the raid, and they also give you a buff.
- If you're a social type, you can open your house up to the public and invite people over to hang out.
As you can see, housing is a major part of Wildstar Online, and there's even more to discover in the game.